In two days we will be off to Argentina, to reconnect with nature, and do a whole lot of hiking in the Argentinian Patagonia. So this will be my last post this year. Since I may not be accessing the internet while I'm gone, I'll just look forward to catching up on all my blog-reading once we get back in the second week of January.
Sweetmango had tagged me some time ago, to list 5 things I do to stay mentally healthy. While I am nowhere near as grounded as she is, here are five things I need in my life, even if I don't find time for them on a daily basis:
1. Exercise and a periodic escape into the wilderness to hike or walk.
2. Books - I couldn't live without good reading material.
3. Having a creative outlet through painting, writing, gourds or something else.
4. My family and friends - I need them in my life.
5. Volunteering - the problems in the world can seem quite overwhelming at times. While it's easy to get disillusioned by the complexity of the issues, the only thing we can do is to make a small start by volunteering our time to make a small difference where we can. I absolutely need this for my sanity!
I tag any of you who wants to take this up and think about the essentials in your life, to stay at peace.
I hope all of you have a wonderful Holiday season, and a new year filled with peace and good health.
I will be back in touch in about two weeks.