Robyn has a visually stunning, very artistic blog that is an inspiration. Pinkdogwood has thought-provoking posts that are very interesting. So do check them out.
Robyn's tag: 7 Random or Weird facts about me
- I am scared of riding on roller coasters and cannot EVER be tempted to go to an amusement park.
- I’m pretty sure my right hand is longer than my left, though no one believes me.
- If I had three other lifetimes, I would be a full-time artist/photographer, wildlife activist, and travel writer in each of those.
- I don’t like cheesecake or vanilla ice cream.
- When I look down from heights, I have a small urge to jump (my mind tricks me into imagining a floating experience!)
- I cannot wake up early in the morning, though I can stay up all night.
- I really, really want, at some point, to be a surrogate mother to an orphaned baby chimp.
For this one, I tag Jude, Karine and Sydney - that's not 7, but my readership is still pretty finite!
Here are the rules:-
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
~ Begin Tag details
copy ~Two questions in each category, answer them and then tag your friends from the blog-o-sphere. Leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been tagged and you are all set.
Yesterday - Your oldest memory - What were you doing 10 years ago?
Today -Your first thought today morning - If you built a time capsule today what would it contain?
Tomorrow - This year ….What do you see yourself doing 14 years from now?
Oldest memory: I am 3 years old and living with my grandmother, uncle and aunts, doing various things like collecting kundumani (Abrus precatorius: a bright red and black seed), riding on my uncle’s motorbike and walking holding my grandmother’s hand.
10 years ago: I was preparing to defend my PhD dissertation, and had just (~6 months earlier) met the guy who would be my husband.
First thought this morning: Wish I didn’t have to do all that reading for class this evening, so that I can paint!
Time capsule: my parents, good times with my sisters and their families, walks around the Lady Bird lake with my husband, cuddly moments with my cats, sounds of birds chirping and squirrels scolding (the cats) and morning sunshine spilling into my backyard.
This year: not much of it left. Most thoughts are on finishing the semester well and fitting in a visit to see my parents and planning a nice vacation.
14 years from now: Us living much more simply and sustainably, close to forests or mountains, working actively to protect a small pocket of habitat for wildlife, with days spent working outside and not in an office building, with no need for vacation because we are doing exactly what we want to be doing each day. Sigh. Who knows?!